This blog takes the following premises:
- that no infinitely large sets exist (finitism)
- that the physics of the universe is discrete (Digital Physics, or Digital Philosophy)
- that all mathematical structures exist as a “real” universe, one of which is ours (Mathematical Universe Hypothesis)
and then looks at the consequences of these with the aid of the
These lead to the conclusions
- that our universe should be preposterously big
- that our universe should be a many-worlds universe
- that our universe should begin with a big bang
as outlined in Why The Big Bang? Part 3: Networks.
I describe the basic structure of a digital universe as a network that leads to a concept of aether (that is entirely consistent with relativity) and a natural interpretation of wave particle duality in Higgs and the Luminiferous Aether.
I give a detailed argument of the plausibility of the Mathematical Universe Hypothesis using the analogies of pi and Conway’s Game of Life in Life, The Mathematical Universe Hypothesis and Everything.
More to come…